It’s been a month and a half since the last major update to the Little Library. We’ve created a better overall out-of-the box experience with the 1.3 release… and Kapow! an online libraries interface! “What,” you say, you have no idea what I’m talking about? Well, get ready to weep! (or at least read a list) LL now has the following shiny new features:
- You wanted a wrapper for html items in your library for easier navigation? Now you’ve got it.
- You wanted a LL branded favicon? (or wanted to know what a favicon even is? Google it.) Shazaam!
- The world is a better place now because for the first time ever on planet earth you can see and search through items in every other person’s Little Library from the comfort of your own couch. Just check out the Options page, and click on Online Libraries. And sit back and soak in the empty libraries of some 27 or so other Little Librarians on earth. Not only that, you can now sync from any of these libraries, and even sync single library items directly to your home LL. You can check out everybody’s libraries, and make some interlibrary loans without leaving your local application. Share on!
- For all of you who no longer want to support Klingon, you can now delete the custom language you’ve created for your interface. Vlifzang! (Pardon me, I forgot…you deleted that.)
- For those of you too lazy to create html from scratch and then upload it into your library (I guess I’m talking about myself), you now have the power to enter html/css/js straight into your description field, and if you don’t have any uploaded files on that item, the page will show up as an html page. Sha-bang!
What’s super about 1.3 is that it included most of the major features expected for version 1.4! Now what are we going to do? I guess we could move to the Amazon jungle and relax a bit. Or maybe we’ll just move on to version 2.0 and add modules like blogs, chat, etc (and move to the Amazon…in six weeks…seriously). What do you think?
If you haven’t already (really?) install the Little Library and check out what’s new!